- From the main Catalogue page, in the products section at the top click on Bulk upload/edit
- Note that there are a couple of steps to follow in order to set up the online template, ready for you to bulk upload your products to the Polytag platform.
- Create your product attributes. We understand every retailer/brand/category owner will have their own way of defining the attributes that pertain to their product family, so the product attributes is a free text field. You must have a minimum of 1 product attribute and you can add more if required. For example, a bottled drinks manufacturer could have the product attributes Volume and Flavour. In an excel template, think of the product attributes as the headers.
- Set product attributes for the first product you uploaded to the Polytag platform upon signing up with us. You will see the values for GTIN, product name and Product group have been pulled through automatically. Now enter the values for the product attributes you have set. If we use the example from step 3, the bottled drinks manufacturer could have the values 2 Litres for Volume and Strawberry for flavour.
- The next step is to set the packaging components for your first product. You can add/remove the number of packaging components to suit your requirements. In the example from step 3, the packaging components for a bottled drink could be bottle, cap and label. Then for this first product enter the values for material type, weight and % recycled origin for each packaging component.
Note that this is not a mandatory step to complete now, and you have the option to click on the skip for now button and return to add the packaging components later
- You will now be in the bulk upload tool. This tool operates like an Excel spreadsheet, so you can copy, paste, drag down cells etc. The first row will be the first product that you uploaded to the Polytag platform upon signing up. If you align the columns when doing the set up with your own catalogue you can do a simple copy and paste of your data, so no CSV uploads needed. The tool does some basic data validation, so for example, it will not allow you to enter an incorrect GTIN, or set a material weight to a negative value. In any of the material columns double click in the cell to see the options - these are predefined as they align with global standards for product packaging. If you think a material type is missing please let us know via cutting a ticket in the Help Centre or emailing us at email@example.com
- The final two columns are optional
- Click on the Save changes button